I started the card by covering a snippet of white card with the music using Versafine Satin Red Ink. I had to add a partial second row to make it wide enough as it need to be square and allowing the music die to overhang a little. After I had stamped the piece I cut it out with a stitched die and then cut a circle aperture in the middle. I then cut the music die at an angle across this stamped piece and made sure I kept all the pieces intending to fill in the shape around it when layering it up but I soon realised that the die had far too many pieces and the filling in would be an absolute nightmare.
I carried on by adding a piece of black card just a little smaller than my 6" square base card, and wide enough that the music die would be contained by it when mounted across the music background. I then glued the black card down on the card. I decided to inlay the piece of die cut music where it had cut into the background above and below and added some tape behind the spaces so I could get it to stay together whilst I added it onto the black background. I actually was pleased that I didn't inlay all the stamped layer pieces as it does stand out better against the black. I did cut three of the die cuts using snippets of white card to give more dimension, and I cut the same amount of the sax player from more snippets of white card and then glued it across the die cut music. I finished by adding a die cut sentiment to finish the card using another snippet of white card.
I hope you visit us and also make a card and add it using the Linky at the bottom of the page so we can all enjoy seeing what you've made, and there are various videos showing different versions of the technique for inspiration and more wonderful inspiration from the other ladies too.
I am entering the following challenges:
Color Hues Challenge - No. 137 Black and Red.
Allsorts Challenge - No. 854 At the Seaside/Anything Goes.
A Cut Above Challenge - July '26 Anything Goes with a Die Cut. (congrats on your 2nd Anniv.)
Snippets Playground Challenge - No. 537 Where we use our snippets of card and paper etc.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Make Your Own Background.



No comments:
Post a Comment