Pages

Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Circular Scene on Patterned Paper

Hi all.  This was supposed to be shown a little while ago as a follow up post for the August CAS Mix Up Challenge, but it didn't work well because I had finished the scene and was adding some birds in the sky and some stray ink landed on the top part which could not be erased as patterned paper is not forgiving so I cut the top part off just above a layer of clouds but after some thought I finished it.  Stencilling was the media for this challenge and I used parts of the Clarity Deerscape, Mountains and Hills and Clouds Mask Sets.  The wild flower stamps were from Simply Cards & Papercraft Magazine No. 284 featuring Indigoblu stamps called Wings and Things.


I started by cutting a circle of white card and then cut a circle from a piece of patterned paper from one of my magazine sets, but sorry not sure which one.   It had a fairly minimum amount of pattern and in a sort of cream/light brown shade and so I chose my colours to go with this.  I used some brown Distress Ink in I think Tea Dye Distress Ink with a small amount of Hickory Smoke DI to shade the edges for the foreground hill using the Deerscape stencil, and then one of the Mountain/Hill stencils for the next one back using Dried Marigold DI.  I then followed this with the cloud stencil using the residue brown ink with a touch of Tumbled Glass DI.  I also added the deer using the Deerscape stencil and Walnut Stain ink, but using just one of the deer featured on it.  This is where I cut the rest off, and after a lot of thought I decided to cut another circle of thinner card and a circle of the same patterned paper to complete the circle and I added the sentiment using Versafine Vintage Sepia Ink.  I then added foam tape to the back of it.  

I was going to keep the background plain white but I thought it needed something so I found a border embossing folder with these grasses and I embossed it being careful to make sure to place the top plate just below the top edge of the folder and luckily it worked and didn't leave a line.  I finished by colouring the embossing with a brush using the Dried Marigold DI.  I added this to the 6" square base card and then added the circle in the centre.

Thank you for visiting my blog today and I'll see you again soon.






I am entering the following challenges:

We Love Stamping Challenge - Sept. '26 Trees and Leaves/Anything Goes.
AAA Birthday Challenge - No. 89 Use Patterned Paper.
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge - No. 525 Diecuts and/or Stencils.
Stencil Fun Challenge - Sept. '26 Anything Goes/Yellow.

3 comments:

brenda said...

A very peaceful scene in the tone on tone colours Pat, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Diane said...

It's a beautiful 'save', like it was meant to be!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Stencil Fun Co-Owner

Loll said...

This is so beautiful Pat! It's amazing the scene you've created from stencils that looks fantastic over the patterned paper. Great save!! We would never have known if you didn't mention. :) Amazing talent, my friend!! Love, Loll