Here are the final three cards I made for the Chocolate Baroque February TV shows. The first is made with the Floral Mannequins set.
I stamped the left hand border several times on to white card using Dusty Concord Distress ink and fussy cut them out and coloured with the same colours as I used in the background well watered down for a softer effect. I then joined them into a border and covered with a piece of lilac ribbon and added the bow. I then stamped the mannequin stand using Versafine Onyx Black Ink, heat embossed it with WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder, and then fussy cut it out. I added one of the flowery mannequin tops also stamped using the Dusty Concord and then heat embossed this with the Clear Gloss EP. I then coloured the flowers and leaves with colours already used plus a bit of Peeled Paint Distress Ink. Similarly the two pin cushions, the two cotton reels and the flowers, all watercoloured with a waterbrush. I did just use the black ink on the safety pin before cutting it out, but decided to heat emboss it, so I covered it with Versamark and then used WOW Gold Metallic EP, and did this twice to build up the metallic finish. I mounted the pieces on to the card and added the sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black and covered with Clear Gloss EP. Really it is not adviseable to use a water based ink to stamp and colour with as the water may blur the outlines, but it can work as long as you don't use too much water and disturb the outlines as little as possible.
I am entering the above card in the following challenge:
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - No. 349 where we use up our snippets of paper and card etc. (There are a lot of snippets used here on the mannequin and stand, the ribbon and the border, the flowers and the small haberdashery items)
The second card uses one of the mannequins from the Haberdashery set, and the background made with the Folk Art Garden set.
I stamped and cut out the tag from white card, cutting a piece off the bottom, and then I used some Brushos, some Yellow and Purple, shaken very sparingly on to the tag and well spritzed with water to give just a softly coloured slightly vintage looking background. I then stamped the image and heat embossed with WOW Gold Metallic EP. I watercoloured using some of the Purple Brusho for the top, and watered down a bit more for the strip up the front, and Brush Corduroy DI for the top and stand. I made a hole with a punch and threaded a piece of orange spotty ribbon through it. I then coloured the background using Carved Pumpkin DI blended using a blending tool and added the Folk Art Garden stamp using the same ink for a tone on tone look.
The last card was made using the Floral Mannequins set for the background panels, and the sewing machine and large scissors from the Haberdashery set.
I started with the background using Aquamarine and Turquoise Brushos sprinkled and spritzed on to Velvet card. I then stamped and heat embossed the panels using WOW Gold Metallic EP and blended Blueprint Sketch DI on to them using a blending tool. I cut the panels to fit each side of the background. I then die cut a circle from more white card using some stitched dies from The Works. I added the sewing machine stamped using Blueprint Sketch DI and then heat embossed with Clear Gloss EP, and did the same with the scissors. I then blended a bit of the same ink around the circle and on the blades of the scissors. I finished with a sentiment strip again stamping the sentiment with the same blue ink and heat embossed with the Clear Gloss EP.