Hi everybody. I decided to give another shaped card a go and another which I happened to see on line and thought didn't look too difficult...you will find it here. I needed to have it ready by last Saturday and this was Friday evening and I suppose put myself under pressure and everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I used a Hearts and Kisses Embossing Folder by Xcut, a Sweet Dixie set of heart dies which I have had for ages, a set of stamps which came free with the Creative Stamping Issue 109 called Versa-Tiles, and a set of frames by Clarity which I have used a couple of times recently, and also a set of stitched square dies from The Works.
I started with the shaped base card for which I used a white 6"square card with the fold at the top. I decided on how large I wanted the angle to be and I used my scoreboard and when creased you fold the whole corner piece inwards. I then decided on what to put on the card, and as it is an anniversary card I decided to cut three hearts to sit across the diagonal fold at the top of the card. I used the Versa-Tiles set picking out three designs which were big enough to allow me to cut a small heart from each, and I stamped them using Versafine Satin Red ink, in fact I used this one red ink throughout, and used some snippets of white card to stamp on to.I then used the embossing folder and a snippet of white card and in order for it to cover the front of the card I had to run it through twice. I made a mess of the first one by getting a crease from the edge of the folder which showed up when I ran it through again..I have a new die cutting machine and I am still getting used to it..well that's my excuse..lol. I did it again embossing it correctly then I had to cut the corner out to fit the front of the card and I cut it completely wrong. Did it all again and this time it was correct!! I did think about adding colour but decided against it and glued it to the front of the card and added the three hearts being careful that they didn't protrude too far above the card otherwise it would not have fitted in the envelope.
I had an experiment with one of the Frame-It die cuts, the largest which has heart cut outs, and cut it it in half along each side and glued it together overlapping to match the pattern so it ended up approximately 3" square and it does look OK, and then decided to use the Satin Red ink rubbed over it and after it dried I added it to the card on end to form a diamond shape which fitted on it more neatly, and luckily the stitched square from the set, the second smallest, fitted inside it with just a little space all round, and I then added the sentiment stamped using the red ink.
As you can see there is the space inside to add something which pops up when it is opened up, and I found a set of crocheted lacy butterfly embellishments which I bought at The Works ages ago and I used one of these cutting a backing shape from a snippet of white card to fit behind it, and I coloured this on both sides with the red ink, and when dry I added it onto the card. It can overlap the edge of the card as when it is shut it folds down inside. I finished by adding an insert and cut the corner off of it so that it fitted around the 'v' shaped crease in the corner, a bit fiddly but I got there in the end. I took a photo of the card prior to adding this.
Sorry this was rather a lengthy post and I quite understand if you decided to skip my ramblings, and maybe you may have seen this shape of card before and know how it works. Anyhow I have left a link to where I saw this and all will become clear when you watch this.
Thank you for visiting my blog today and I'll see you again soon.
I am entering the following challenges:
Snippets Playground Challenge - No. 452 where we use our snippets of card and paper etc.
Allsorts Challenge - Week 724 Anything Goes/Create your own background.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Shaped Card.
Creative Creases Challenge - No. 55 Anything Goes with a Fun Fold.
Crafty Calendar Challenge - April - Die Cuts.
Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.