Pages

Wednesday 26 April 2023

Cheers Anniversary

Hi everybody.  I needed an anniversary card and I recently got hold of a copy of a Sheena Douglass Magazine, the first she has done, which comes with stamps, a stencil, a corner and layered sentiment dies and also some pretty papers.  I happened to spot it when I was food shopping and it just happened to fall into my basket...lol.   I decided to use one of the five large florals stamps which come with it...there are also a set of sentiment stamps,  and I also used the stencil in the background both being used for the first time.

I stamped the image using Dried Marigold Distress Ink, as I wanted the lines to be soft, but to be honest the outlines did end up darker than I intended, but I went along with it.  I coloured it using more Distress Inks taken from my glass mat using a waterbrush.  I then fussy cut it out.  I decided to use a DL card and I cut a piece of white card a little smaller and dry embossed the stencil which is a nice large square one, but I had to extend it to cover the DL card.  I then ink blended with a brush using Dried Marigold DI and then I laid the stencil back over and used Picked Raspberry DI, the same as I used on the flowers, through the stencil in two corners.  I added the sentiment stamped with Versafine Smokey Gray Ink, and luckily even though it was stamped over embossing it came out well  There were just a couple of places where I used a grey fine liner to fill in a little gap, and lastly adhered the layer onto the card and added the glass and flowers image to finish the card.

Thank you for coming to visit me here today and I'll see you again soon.






I am entering the following challenges:
 
NBUS Challenge - No. 49 Where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff.
Can You Handle The Pressure? Challenge - Anything Goes with Embossing/Baby.
Happy Little Stampers April Watercolour Challenge - Anything Goes/Die Cuts.
Happy Little Stampers April Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes.
Triple B Challenge - Birds, Butterflies and Blooms including at least one of the these three.
Crazy is our fame - Stencils are our game! Challenge- April - Anything Goes using a Stencil/Patterns.
We Love Stamping April Challenge - Anything Stamped Goes/Birds and Animals (real).`
Stamping Sensations  April Challenge - Anything Stamped Goes/CAS.
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge No. 444 Any Occasion.

19 comments:

brenda said...

I didn't know Sheena introduced a magazine but it's nice to know she's easing back into the crafty world. The freebie stamp from her is perfect for an Anniversary card and prettily crafted card using it.

Many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Billie A said...

Beautiful card. Wonderful watercoloring. Thanks for sharing over at Happy little stampers wc

Aquarius said...

Home delivery of my shopping is great but I do so miss actually going to the supermarket where crafty magazines regularly jumped into my basket 🤣🤣. You've made a beautiful anniversary card with your latest goodies.

Marjan said...

A very beautiful and elegant anniversary card, Pat! A subtle but effective background for the glass and roses and I love the soft colors! What a find that magazine, packed with stuff we love!

Stamps and Paper said...

Pat your card is beautiful...love how you've created the background with your subtle colouring... isn't it strange how things just 'fall' into our baskets when we are shopping!

Anne x

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous, I love it when things like this fall into my cart LOL!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun, Can You Handle The Pressure and Triple B!
Diane SF, TB and CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Darlene said...

Oh Pat, this is just gorgeous! I love everything about it and I'm sure the recipient will too! GREAT JOB! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Can You Handle the Pressure
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS ... thanks for also sharing this beauty with us at our Stencil Fun challenge as well as our latest Triple B challenge blog ... good luck!

cuilliesocks said...

It's a beautiful Anniversary card Pat. I love the flute and gorgeous roses, and the embossed background is lovely, beautifully coloured too, Kate x

Linby said...

a very elegant card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! This is gorgeous, it has a rich and elegant look about it Pat, just gorgeous.
Faith x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hi Pat, I'm back with my DT hat on and still think this is gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful card. So elegant.
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Christine Alexander said...

wow, such a beautiful image of the glass and the flowers and the embossed background is the perfect frame ♥

Loll said...

Beautiful anniversary card Pat!! Love the colours you've used for the background and your amazing flowers. xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a soft and lovely card, Pat! Love how the magazine ended up with you, lol. XOX

Kathyk said...

Delightful make, loving the texture and the smashing colours used too

Happy Bank Holiday weekend

Kathyk

pinky said...

That is so feminine and pretty and such delicate colours. Thanks for joining us this month at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Darnell said...

Oh, bother, I hit publish and got the dreaded "no internet" so now I don't know if it went through or not. Pat. I wrote you a lovely comment about how you are nothing short of a wizard and this is pure magic and you definitely need to keep it on display!! Hugs, Darnell

Liz said...

A beautiful anniversary card, Pat. Lovely design. xx