Pages

Friday, 31 July 2026

First Christmas Card of the Year

Hi all.  I have looked back and this is the first Christmas make of this year and in very hot temperatures..not the best for creating,  I am so pleased that CAS Christmas Challenge has returned and this month the theme is a Snowman.  I have dug out an old Serendipity stamp which has three fun snowmen.  


I found a white stitched square that I had put in my bits box and I decided to embellish with a bit of embossing using just part of a folder from Crafter's Companion called Touch of Winter, but in order to get the snowmen on it without stamping over the embossing I did a small portion top and bottom, although I could have been a bit more generous with  the bit at the bottom.  I stamped using Versafine Smokey Gray ink and then coloured using my Lyra Pencils and also added a little bit of Wink of Stella to the white fur and bobble/tassel on their hats and the falling snow and balls of snow on the ground, and also the hoop of gold stars held by one of the snowmen.  I also stamped the sentiment with the Smokey Gray ink and backed the topper with a piece of foam for some dimension.  

Thank you for visiting me here today and I'll see you soon.






I am entering the following challenges:

CAS Christmas Challenge - July '26 Snowman.
Rudolph Days Challenge - Christmas in July.
Pearly Sparkles Challenge - No. 121 Christmas in July.
Allsorts Challenge - No. 854 At the Seaside/Anything Goes.
Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge - July '26 Anything Goes/Celebration.



13 comments:

LesleyG said...

That’s a very adorable image Pat, that you’ve decorated beautifully. It’s certainly been hard to create with this heat 🥵xxx

Liz said...

Delightful card Pat. I love your cute snowman family and the embossing adds a lovely touch. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge.
Liz xx

Aquarius said...

You found a really fun and jolly image for your first Christmas card of the year. It's certainly been far too hot for much crafting. Happy Rudolph Days and thank you for sharing this one with us for the Allsorts challenge.

brenda said...

Thank you so much for sharing another lovely card with us at Allsorts Pat.

B x

Linda said...

This is so adorable, Pat and colored beautifully. I especially love the embossing on the top and bottom of the panel. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Susan B said...

Love your snowmen! Such a fun, happy, colourful group! Love the bordering embossing too.

Loll said...

Your trio of snowmen are adorable! Love the design Pat, embossing just the edge of your focal panel is so clever and creative! Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx

Kathyk said...

Super make, elevated by your embossing too

Have a great weekend

Kathyk

Christine said...

what a happy trio, and so beautifully coloured. I love the card xx

Aquarius said...

Hi Pat - I hope you've spotted that you've been chosen to be a Guest Designer at Allsorts, Congratulations!!

Diane said...

Adorably cute cute card and a fabulous design!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Can You Handle The Pressure Co-Owner

Helen said...

Great design - the embossing works really well.

Thanks for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x

Marjan said...

I'm a bit late, but try to not miss your posts. What a wonderful and crispy card, love the image of the jolly snowmen attired in fresh colors and the embossing on the panel, it looks really nice! . The little black sentiment is the finishing touch.