Pages

Saturday, 18 July 2026

Heart Full of Bunnies

Hi everybody.  Recently hubby and I celebrated our 44th anniversary and I made this card for him.  Not totally a masculine look but I couldn't resist making a card using  a bunny which I recently won which was part of a lovely prize over at The Snippets Playground and being used for the first time, and as a background I used a Sizzix Making Hearts Embossing Folder and a set of Torn Edge Hearts which came from Creative Craft Products over at Craft Stash which is no longer in business.


I decided to use a 6" square card as the base and cut a mat a bit smaller and the background was made by inking part of the negative side of the EF opened flat, spritzing with water before pressing the paper down onto it to get this impression of the heart design.  I dried it with a heat tool and then added the second colour by pressing the pad onto the card...I used Blueprint Sketch first and then added Spun Sugar Distress Inks.  The Spun Sugar is a very soft pink so I didn't water it down for that reason.  I then cut two of the hearts from snippets of white card to make a frame, and then using more snippets of white card I cut two lots of the rabbit die, four in total, so I could double each one up.  I put the card together and before adding the bunnies I coloured them using pencils adding blue stripes and added grey to the ears for the boy, and then a pink cap sleeved top with pink cheeks and inner parts of the ears on the girl, and lead pencil to add emphasis to the eyes on both and some pink for the lips.  This bunny has its head to the side a bit and only has one eye but I did pencil in a second one too.   Hubby and I do sing and each belong to choirs and I thought they do look by the shape of the mouth that they could be having a little sing together..lol.  Am I becoming a little silly in my later years, probably..lol.

That is all from me today and thank you for dropping by and I'll be back soon. 






I am entering the following challenges:

A Cut Above Challenge - July '26 2 Year Anniversary - Anything Die Cut Goes.
The Snippets Playground Challenge - No. 536 Where we use our Snippets and card etc.
Allsorts Challenge - No. 854 At the Seaside/Anything Goes.
Critter Crazy Challenge - No. 112 Anything Goes with a Critter(s).
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Fun With Paint.
NBUS Challenge - No. 88 Where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff.
I.D.E.A.S. Calendar - Wk. 2 Dies.

14 comments:

Sarn said...

A lovely anniversary card with clever use of everyone’s favourite bunny. Great background.

Happy 44th anniversary to you.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse later for a glass of champagne. Xxx

LesleyG said...

What a lovely card, they do look like they’re singing 😍. I love how you inked with the embossing folder, and how you coloured the bunnies, and how they sit on the pretty heart frame. Belated Happy Anniversary xxx

Aquarius said...

This bunny die is a great favourite with lots of us and congratulations on your win. What a super idea for your anniversary card - many congratulations. I think one of the many privileges in getting older is that we can allow ourselves to be 'silly' because no-one seems to mind 😉😉

Vicki said...

This is a delightful, whimsical design on your husband's anniversary card. So many great techniques and those bunnies are so popular. Congratulations on winning these crafty items. Thanks for sharing with the July Anniversary Challenge at A Cut Above. Happy that you played along with us.

Di said...

What a delightful card Pat! LOVE how you used everyone's favourite Bunny(s). Love the fact they're nestled on a heart. Clever use of the EF for the lovely background as well!

Happy Anniversary Pat!

Hugs
Di xx

Bunny said...

I love this anniversary card. Trust me, I know bunnies. Happy 44th. We will hit 40 next year. I'm so excited. [Bunny]

Linby said...

Not seen the double bunny before but it's such a great effect and they look right at home on the heart. A beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts. Happy Anniversary.

Donna said...

Stunning card, your background is fabulous and like how the two bunnies are sitting on the heart and how you colored them as a couple. Glad you shared your card with us at Allsorts challenge!

Kathyk said...

That is just gorgeous, Pat

Kathyk

Marjan said...

A bit late in leaving a reaction on your card, I had a few busy days. But always hop over to your blog when I can and what a lovely card for your husband, love the big heart with beautiful background with the two cute bunnies sitting there, no... singing! The small details are so nice! And ofcourse...congratulations!!

Christine said...

Happy Anniversary, I'm sure hubby loved the card. Those bunnies are adorable xx

Loll said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, Pat!! Such a lovely card you made for him. The collage of hearts background is awesome. Love the beautiful large heart and those adorable bunnies! :) xx

Liz said...

Fabulous card Pat, I love the background you’ve made for your cute little bunnies. Wishing you both a belated Happy Anniversary.
Liz xx

Judy Woodland said...

Well how stinkin' sweet. I have that bunny die, and I love what you have done with it. You never disappoint with your fabulous eye for color and design. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at A Cut Above, I hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ ACA CT Designer