Pages

Saturday, 29 August 2026

All Creatures Great and Small

Hi everybody.  I am so pleased to have been asked to be a Guest Designer over at Allsorts for their latest challenge which is as you can see All Creatures Great and Small.  I chose to use a couple of fairly recent purchases both being used for the first time.  The hare image is from Indigoblu Magazine Box Kit 11 and for the background I used a 3D Embossing Folder from Funky Fossil called Oak Leaf Cascade.  


I started with a piece of white card cut to fit a 6" square card base and I placed the folder in such a way that it would leave some space at the bottom for the hare and foliage.  I did hand the card and just the edge of the embossing folder beyond the plates but unfortunately it did leave the impression a little but in real life it hardly notices and so I left it but can see that the photo is less forgiving.  I then ran a Twisted Citron Distress Ink Pad over the raised areas of the leaves trying more or less to miss the acorns, followed by a Bundled Sage DI which brought out some of the lines and detail, and then I used a Brushed Corduroy DI on the acorns.  I then used a waterbrush and washed over the leaves to move the ink around and also added more of these colours as well as a little Pumice Stone DI.  I then added some sky around the leaves and acorns using Tumbled Glass DI.  

Then I moved onto the hare which I stamped onto a spare piece of white card using Versafine Vintage Sepia Ink and then coloured with the browns I had already used on the leaves and after added some depth with my Lyra coloured pencils.  I then cut this out minus the foliage discarding the whiskers..cutting those out was an impossibility..lol.  I then just inked up the foliage around the hare using Bundled Sage DI and stamped it in the position where the hare would be place on the background, and I then inked it a few more times to fill the entire bottom of the card.  I did add a little of the Twisted Citron DI using a watrbrush to fill it in.

I finished the card by cutting down the background slightly to allow room for the sentiment beneath which I stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia Ink and then added the background and I gave the hare more dimenson by adding some Pinflair Glue Gel and placed it on the background.

Thank you for coming to visit today and I'll see you again soon.






I am entering this into the following challenges:

Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge - Aug. '26 Anything Goes/Bees.
We Love Stamping Challenge - Aug. '26 Anything Goes/Summer Blooms.
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge - No. 524 Any Occasion.
NBUS Challenge - No. 89 Where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff.
I.D.E.A.S. Challenge - Week 4 - Anything Goes.

No comments: