Pages

Friday, 7 August 2026

Trio of Trees

Hi everyone.  This was a quick card made this evening to enter the Addicted to CAS challenge which only has a few hours left.  I have been wanting to enter this challenge the last few times and for one reason or another I have left it too late, but I was determined not to miss it again this time as I do love trees.  I used this Crafty Individuals stamp which I have had for some time, and also a leafy stencil which came with an Indigoblu Mixed Media Magazine Issue 11 and being used for the first time.  Being good I didn't get it when it first came out but when I had a closer look later on I was wishing I had, but by waiting I managed to get it for half price which was great.


I decided to use a 5" x 7" card and cut the mat to fit it..I did cut it down more when I was ready to add it to the card.  In my rush to take the photo and get it up I forgot to cut a bit of excess card from the bottom as it is a little unbalanced but too late now...lol.  They are actually winter trees but I wanted to make them in leaf.

I inked the piece of card using the stencil and two Distress Inks - Stormy Sky and Bundled Sage keeping it light, and then used my stamp positioner and some Staedler Watercolour Brush Pens straight to stamp and added a little water but lost quite a lot of the detail.  I then stamped over it with a Versafine Sepia Ink and then added a bit more of the water colour pen straight to the paper, and using a waterbrush I moved it around and softened it by removing some of the ink with a piece of kitchen towel.  Not sure that it totally works but it was a quick card.  I finished with the sentiment which came with the magazine stamped with the Vintage Sepia Ink.

Thank you for visiting me today and I'll see you again soon. 






I am entering the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS Challenge - No. 313 Trees.
We Love Stamping Challenge - Aug. '26 Summer Blooms/Anything Goes.
Allsorts Challenge - No. 855 Colours of Summer/Anything Goes.
Stencil Fun Challenge - Anything Goes/CAS Design Style.
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Happy Birthday.
NBUS Challenge - No. 89 Where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff.
I.D.E.A.S. Calendar - Week 1- Ink/Color Mediums.

No comments: