I started with a piece of white card cut to fit a 6" square card base and I placed the folder in such a way that it would leave some space at the bottom for the hare and foliage. I did have the card and just the edge of the embossing folder beyond the plates but unfortunately it did leave the impression a little but in real life it hardly notices and so I left it but can see that the photo is less forgiving. I then ran a Twisted Citron Distress Ink Pad over the raised areas of the leaves trying more or less to miss the acorns, followed by a Bundled Sage DI which brought out some of the lines and detail, and then I used a Brushed Corduroy DI on the acorns. I then used a waterbrush and washed over the leaves to move the ink around and also added more of these colours as well as a little Pumice Stone DI. I then added some sky around the leaves and acorns using Tumbled Glass DI.
Then I moved onto the hare which I stamped onto a spare piece of white card using Versafine Vintage Sepia Ink and then coloured with the browns I had already used on the leaves and after added some depth with my Lyra coloured pencils. I then cut this out minus the foliage discarding the whiskers..cutting those out was an impossibility..lol. I then just inked up the foliage around the hare using Bundled Sage DI and stamped it in the position where the hare would be place on the background, and I then inked it a few more times to fill the entire bottom of the card. I did add a little of the Twisted Citron DI using a watrbrush to fill it in.
I finished the card by cutting down the background slightly to allow room for the sentiment beneath which I stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia Ink and then added the background and I gave the hare more dimenson by adding some Pinflair Glue Gel and placed it on the background.
Thank you for coming to visit today and I'll see you again soon.
Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge - Aug. '26 Anything Goes/Bees.
We Love Stamping Challenge - Aug. '26 Anything Goes/Summer Blooms.
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge - No. 524 Any Occasion.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.
As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Wild Animal (They are fun with their long ears and legs, and the males have a boxing match in the spring).
NBUS Challenge - No. 89 Where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff.
I.D.E.A.S. Challenge - Week 4 - Anything Goes.
I.D.E.A.S. Challenge - Week 4 - Anything Goes.


19 comments:
Congrats on your GD spot Pat. What a lovely scenic card you’ve created for Allsorts. Great background and a super focal point. xxx
What a handsome hare. Lovely to have you as our guest designer at Allsorts. Sarah
This is so lovely. Thanks for being our GDT at Allsorts.
Do love a Hare, it looks really good with the Oak tree background and your colouring of the EF is perfection.
Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer for this challenge at Allsorts.
B x
So happy to have you as a guest designer at Allsorts this time. Your card is so beautiful. Love the large rabbit and pretty autumn colors!
Beautiful and perfect card for Allsorts challenge, so glad you are guest designing with us!
Lovely image of a hare, he has a very distinguished air... Your background is gorgeous too, Pat. Nice to see you guesting with us at Allsorts. x
Your card is beautiful Pat. I have that hare and he looks totally at home with your oak tree background. Beautifully done.
Thanks for playing along with us at We Love Stamping.
Pinky
Congratulations, I'm pleased to see you in the Guest Designer spot this time. Lovely work with that super embossing folder and the hare stamp is a real classic. A beautiful nature scene for the theme.
What a handsome hare and your embossed leaves are wonderful. Thank you for being our guest designer this week.
Fabulous card, Pat. The colouring of the embossed background is just beautiful. It’s lovely to have you Guest Designing in the Allsorts Challenge.
Liz xx
Gorgeous card and hare and that embossing is fabulous
ooops forgot to add thank you for joining us at we Love stamping:-)
Congratulations on your GDTM slot at Allsorts, lovely make for it too
Happy Bank Holiday Monday
Kathyk
Congrats on the GD position, you really nailed this with such a beautiful card. Those embossed leaves add so much dimension and the hare is so sweet. I love the card xx
Thanks for being a GD!
Your card is wonderful!
A lovely card Pat. I have that IndigoBlu Box Kit too and love the images is it.
Congratulations on your GD spot too.
Kath x
Congrats on your GD at Allsorts, Pat!! Such a beautiful card you made for the challenge of All Creatures ... LOVE the gorgeous oak leaves and the way you've coloured them. Great idea to swipe ink and then use some water to move the ink around. They look amazing!! And that hare ... he is a handsome one, isn't he??!! Beautiful card, Pat!! xx
A fabulously fun card, love that bunny too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Can You Handle The Pressure Co-Owner
Post a Comment