I started with a piece of white card just a little smaller than the 6" square card and I roughly found the middle and started down one of the sides by about 1/2" using Versamark ink. I stamped the flourish and then from the other direction did the same thing so the long straight edge of the flourish joined up in the middle. I then heat embossed using WOW Metallic Silver Embossing Powder. I decided where to cut the heart..a little above the centre using one of my Torn Edge Hearts.
Moving on I decided to use Brushos to colour the slightly smaller heart with, i.e.Violet and Ultramarine and spritzed to get them moving. I then decided to add some mica powders whilst wet so that they would set, and I chose a silver and a pinky lilac and using the tip of a piercing tool I put some of each on and moved them around and then dried the heart on the low speed of my heat tool. Wow, some great sparkle and I wiped it over with some kitchen towel to remove any that was likely to come off which wasn't much.
At first I had thought that I would add the coloured heart into the torn heart aperture but thought on reflection that I would place the heart back into the aperture to show off more of the flourish and then I added the sparkly heart over the top, and finished with a stamped and heat embossed sentiment using the same Silver EP.
Thank you for visiting my blog today and I'll see you again soon.
Addicted to CAS Challenge - No 315 Anniversary.
Allsorts Challenge - No. 856 Embossing (dry or heat)/Anything Goes.
Simply Clean & Simple Challenge - Aug. '26 Anything Goes/Nature.
Try it on Tuesday Challenge - Inspired by a Song (Anyone Who Had a Heart - Cilla Black). If anyone fancies a bit of nostalgia find it here.
A Cut Above Challenge - Aug. '26 Anything Goes/Fall Flowers.


10 comments:
What a fabulous elegant card, I love the addition of the silver! Anyone who had a heart was one of my favourite! Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx
Beautiful card, Pat. The colours on the heart are so pretty. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge using the Embossing option.
Liz xx
A beautiful card, perfect for an anniversary xxx
It's beautifully done Pat, understated elegance, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
B x
A gorgeous Anniversary card which must be even more spectacular in real life with the embossing and sparkle. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts and for using the theme.
What a beautiful and unique CAS design! Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to CAS!
A truly elegant card with beautiful silver embossed detail. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah
So pretty and such an elegant CAS design. I love the torn heart die focal point. Thanks for sharing with the August Challenge at A Cut Above.
Fabulous card, the flourishes and hearts make for a perfect anniversary card ❤️
Beautiful card Pat. Flourishes and hearts work together so well. Love the silver paired with the beautiful mix of colours on your brushos heart. So pretty with the torn heart framing. A very special keepsake for the happy couple. xx
Post a Comment