Pages

Friday, 7 August 2026

Trio of Trees

Hi everyone.  This was a quick card made this evening to enter the Addicted to CAS challenge which only has a few hours left.  I have been wanting to enter this challenge the last few times and for one reason or another I have left it too late, but I was determined not to miss it again this time as I do love trees.  I used this Crafty Individuals stamp which I have had for some time, and also a leafy stencil which came with an Indigoblu Mixed Media Magazine Issue 11 and being used for the first time.  Being good I didn't get it when it first came out but when I had a closer look later on I was wishing I had, but by waiting I managed to get it for half price which was great.


I decided to use a 5" x 7" card and cut the mat to fit it..I did cut it down more when I was ready to add it to the card.  In my rush to take the photo and get it up I forgot to cut a bit of excess card from the bottom as it is a little unbalanced but too late now...lol.  They are actually winter trees but I wanted to make them in leaf.

I inked the piece of card using the stencil and two Distress Inks - Stormy Sky and Bundled Sage keeping it light, and then used my stamp positioner and some Staedler Watercolour Brush Pens straight to stamp and added a little water but lost quite a lot of the detail.  I then stamped over it with a Versafine Sepia Ink and then added a bit more of the water colour pen straight to the paper, and using a waterbrush I moved it around and softened it by removing some of the ink with a piece of kitchen towel.  Not sure that it totally works but it was a quick card.  I finished with the sentiment which came with the magazine stamped with the Vintage Sepia Ink.

Thank you for visiting me today and I'll see you again soon. 






I am entering the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS Challenge - No. 313 Trees.
We Love Stamping Challenge - Aug. '26 Summer Blooms/Anything Goes.
Allsorts Challenge - No. 855 Colours of Summer/Anything Goes.
Stencil Fun Challenge - Anything Goes/CAS Design Style.
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Happy Birthday.
NBUS Challenge - No. 89 Where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff.
I.D.E.A.S. Calendar - Week 1- Ink/Color Mediums.

13 comments:

brenda said...

Always loved this CI stamp and so effective here against the stencilled background, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Aquarius said...

You've achieved a great effect with those trees and well done for making it in time for the CAS challenge. Thank you for also sharing this one with us at Allsorts

Chris said...

Beautiful CAS card Pat, such a lovely design with the fabulous tree and softly stencilled background.
Thank you for joining in at We Love Stamping.
Chris
x

Viv said...

Great stencilling Pat and that's a lovely tree stamp! x

Sarn said...

I love the look of this card Pat. Fab background stencilling and some lovely trees.

Thanks for joining in at Allsorts. x

Marjan said...

I LOVE this! The trees are beautiful and so is your stencilled background, what a great colour choice Pat! Have a nice weekend!

Darlene said...

Beautifully done! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Stencil Fun challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Stencil Fun Co-Owner

Darnell said...

It totally works, Pat! I'm a lover of trees, as well, and I love this painted image in leaf set against the stenciled background! Fantastic greens! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Craftyfield said...

Lovely composition with the stencilled background and tree stamp! I have many tree stamps, a lot of them from Crafty Individuals, including this very one... Thanks for playing with us at Allsorts challenge.

Christine said...

Absolutely gorgeous scene, the watercolored background is stunning xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is beautiful Pat, love those trees, the stencilling works so well with them. A lovely design. With both hats on - Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Lynne said...

A lovely peaceful looking card with a fab stencilled background. Thank you for joining in at Allsorts.

Liz said...

A beautiful card, Pat. I love the delicate stencilling around the trees.
Liz xx