Pages

Friday 12 September 2014

Cherrylicious

Hi there.  This is a scheduled post as I'm busy at the moment, so please forgive me if I don't get to visit as often as I would normally.   I have a couple of birthdays coming up and I have this embossing folder Cherry-licious by Crafter's Companion which I haven't used yet (hereafter known as NBUS - coined by Darnell of djkardkreations).  I decided to emboss on to a snippet of white card and then colour using my Spectrum Noir Pencils which are my favourites at the moment.  After colouring I used an Adirondack Pink Sherbet ink pad and some blending foam to gently colour the background.


I then made a frame using a snippet of white card and a S/B Captivating Squares die, the second largest, and I cut out the centre, and then cut the next size die to fit within that.  I finished by stamping the sentiment in the centre using Black Archival ink, added a bow and mounted on to green card then on to the base square white card.

Thank you for stopping by today.

Pat x

P.S  I am back in the blogging swing again and I would like to enter this card into the NBUS Challenge which is running over at Darnell's blog at the moment and has only a few days left to run, so do go take a look.

Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)










7 comments:

Mrs A. said...

My goodness! I thought you had used a cherry backing paper. Your colouring is that good!!
Hugs Mrs A.

Viv said...

This is lovely Pat - great embossing folder too!

Jean said...

These cherries look delicious, you have coloured them so beautifully. A very pretty card Pat.
Jean x

Jacee said...

Lovely card Pat, gorgeous papers, love the LO
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

MaryH said...

Oh WOW! This is lovely. Just rec'vd my 1st EF from this company today, and I like your idea of using the pencils to color the embossing. It's very effective. Loved your cherries and that pretty filigree white die in the center. Most elegant card. TFS & Hugs.

Darnell said...

This is so pretty, Pat! I would love to have a skirt like that!! I know you are away and if you aren't able to edit your post right now, if you return before the 25th, you can certainly add the button and link to my second NBUS Challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

I'm glad to see you made it back in time to enter, Pat! Thank you for linking up!! Hugs, Darnell