Pages

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Embossed Hearts and Flowers Anniversary

Hello everyone.  This is another scheduled post.  I got the idea for this card from Pinterest and adapted it for this card.  The original had flower shaped apertures with patterned paper behind and this led me to think of circles with paper behind and then hearts stuck within.  I used my Xcut circles  and my Nellie Snellen Multi Frame hearts dies.  I embossed the hearts with a Cuttlebug EF - Divine Swirls, and the outer embossed layer was a Crafter's Companion EF - Regal Damask.


The paper was snippets from a Papermania pad.  The flowers were also punched from snippets of different papers from this pad together with a few white and red punched flowers, and then a Marianne Creatables die - Forest Branch was used for the red and black foliage behind the flowers.  I finished by stamping the sentiment using Black Archival on to a mat made using the smallest die from the S/B Labels Eight.

Thank you for looking at my blog today.

Pat  x
 

7 comments:

Darnell said...

This totally takes the place of any real bouquet of flowers, Pat! That arrangement is breathtaking! Your beautiful design would be amazing for a wedding card, too!! WOW!! Hugs, Darnell

Jacee said...

So beautiful Pat, I really love this, the layout is fab, all those flowers are so lovely, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jean said...

What a stunning card Pat, I love the touches of bright red in an otherwise white and black card. Lovely embossing too.
Jean x

MaryH said...

This is a magnificent adaptation of what you saw! Love the bold red with the graphic b&w paper design, and your circle & aperture idea made a stunning bold card. VERY elegant, Miss Pat. The white embossing just added some more lovely gloss to a beautiful card. TFS & Hugs

Di said...

Wow Pat - this is just stunning!!

Hugs, Di xx

Liz said...

What a beautiful card! I love the effect of the patterned paper behind the aperture. x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous design, love all the flowers and also the patterned paper works great. Take care, Shirleyx