Pages

Monday 8 September 2014

Vintage Telephone

Hi all.  This is a scheduled post as I am busy still, so please forgive me if I don't get round to visiting quite as often as normal.  This telephone is a NBUS Cottage Cutz die.  It comes as one 4" x 4" plate and as most of it is black I used a snippet of black card across the whole plate, and then the gold bits were a snippet of gold pearlescent card which I ran through the machine after.  I think what makes this so fiddly is that the plate does not have any holes to help release the card from the die, and some of the components are very small.  Anyway I did like the finished result.


The background was a snippet of card which I embossed by running through my machine using a chevron stencil from Creative Expressions, and then inked over it with Distress Inks in Mustard Seed and Mowed Lawn.  When putting it together I thought the telephone merged into the background too much so I embossed part of the stencil again in a snippet of dark green card and then cut out two strips and attached them to the background as seen here.  Finally I stamped the sentiment using a Black Archival ink pad.  The base card is a square cream card, but actually looks more like white in the photo.

Thank you for looking at my blog today.

Pat  x

3 comments:

Jean said...

The die cut looks really good with the gold parts added, and it was a great idea to add the dark green zig zags to background strip, it really gives it a lift.
Jean x

Jacee said...

Great card Pat
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

MaryH said...

This background is AWESOME! I hear you about the fiddly die. I had 2 of those by Die-Versions, and it was impossible to release them w/out tearing the image. I complained to the company & they sent me new dies, that did have the release holds. You might want to let Cottage Cutz know you're having a problem. That said, your die cut looks wonderful. It's very dramatic against the sparkle of the chevron strip. Hope you're having great fun. TFS & Hugs