Pages

Wednesday 24 January 2024

Wild Flowers in Copper and Green

Hi everybody.  I have another experimental card today using an embossing folder and a little bee stamp (both being used for the first time) which came as part of the kit with a magazine called A Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady which also has quite a few more stamps and a few dies together with some pretty papers and toppers.


I found a piece of white card and spritzed it with some water before I put it in the embossing folder and ran it through my machine.  I then used an anti static pad over it before adding the Versamark on the embossed flowers and added WOW Metallic Copper Embossing Powder.  It wasn't perfect and I had to get rid of quite a lot of stray powder which I admit did take time to do, and I then heat embossed it.  There were areas where the powder had not stuck sufficiently so I used the Versamark Pen to fill in the gaps, and added more powder and heated these areas, and did this several times until I was happy with it.  There were some stray bits but I thought that when I had added some colour it would be OK.  I then added a bit of background colour using three green Distress Inks - Lucky Clover, Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio.  I decided to use the starch again as it works equally as well as water, and I think that the card doesn't warp as much and the starch makes it more viscous so it stays put better.  I tore my own cloud mask by just pencilling a rough shape and tearing it with my fingers which gives it a more random look than using scissors, and started adding clouds moving top to bottom with just Lucky Clover for the clouds and I then added some Twisted Citron over the top in places, and finished with Cracked Pistachio at the bottom, and the Lucky Clover round the edges.  I then added the little bee, again heat embossed with the Copper EP, and added a little colour to it using a pencil with a similar coppery colour.  I decided to mount it onto a piece of white card  a little longer than the embossed piece and placed the sentiment at the bottom of this with the Copper EP.  Finally I put it together on a  5" x 7" card, and added some foam tape to the back of this layer for dimension.

Thank you for  dropping by today and I'll see you again soon.






I am entering the following challenges:

Color Hues Challenge - No. 79 Copper and Green. 
We Love Stamping Challenge - January - Something New/Anything Goes.
Stamping Sensations Challenge - January - Anything Goes/Mood Board.
Allsorts Challenge - Anything Goes/January Blues.
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge - Happy 1st Birthday to them - Birthday/Anniversary.
NBUS Challenge - No. 58 Where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff.

I am also adding my card to the Group of Seven Cardmakers latest post where they have a monthly technique and if you wish you can add your card using the technique, and this month it is 'Torn Edge'.  I tore my own cloud mask.   



27 comments:

Anonymous said...

this card is so beautiful and the sky is gorgeous!
Grtz Ellen
Ellen’s Greetingcards

Loll said...

Your cloudy sky is beautiful with the three shades of green, Pat. And it looks amazing with your copper embossed raised design. I'm sure it took a lot of patience to get the embossing just on the wildflowers ... but so worth it. Your card is gorgeous! xx

Ellibelle said...

I've not tried heat embossing over dry embossing before but it looks like it works beautifully! And such gorgeous clouds on the background too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Aquarius said...

You've achieved a lovely effect with this card and so well described too. Great idea to tear your own cloud mask which gives a more natural result than a hard edge would.

Sarn said...

I must remember that brilliant startch tip Pat!

Lovely looking card - a good experiment I think! xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely scene so peaceful, the stamped bee is just perfect to match the embossed plants and love your own sky.
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

brenda said...

It's another C&P comment, still unable to type properly, but taken look at your entry, thank you for sharing.

B x

Karen said...

All the time and effort you put into the embossing certainly paid off. It's beautiful, and I was instantly drawn to your wonderful cloud background. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Kath said...

A beautiful card Pat - the green and bronze work so well together.
Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed card Pat, your sky is gorgeous, lovely colours and colours. I love the border of florals and that sweet little butterfly. A card that could be used for many occasions, Kate x

Diane said...

Beautifully created card, the background is perfect for your wildflowers!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
Diane BB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}

Linby said...

Such a beautiful little scene. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

Chris said...

You used some clever techniques to create this beautiful card, I never thought of embossing an embossed image, going to have to try it now! Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations.
Chris
x

Nancy said...

This is a lovely scene you created, Pat. The clouds look incredible!!! Thanks for making our colors shine at Color Hues.

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Pat. I love the background you’ve created and the beautiful copper embossing.
Liz xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Looks like so much fun to make, Pat, and turned out fab! xoxo

Vicky Hayes said...

Just stunning Pat and so much fun to read about your process. The result is great - can't see any gaps or issues with the embossing - and I love the clouds you made with your torn paper mask. What a fab kit to get with a magazine too! Vicky x

cm said...

Echoing the others: you've created a beautiful wild flowers scene with your new products. The sky...so amazing! Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues.
~carol

HilaryJane said...

I would never have guessed that was wet embossing on top of dry. It looks fabulous. your patience was worth it and I love the copper colour and your amazing clouds xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful creation Pat I love the stamps you have used I also love the background and colours a superb make thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
hugs
lolo x

Marjan said...

I almost missed this one, but here I am looking at it. Another lovely background with those soft colours and nice clouds! I know what you mean with the embossingpowder, it is sometimes very difficult to use it on an inky background. But you did great with being patient enough to remove the excess. Great card!

Susan said...

Lovely layers of clouds with your torn edges! Fabulous technique with the embossing folder and the copper embossing powder! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Group of Seven!

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful clouds with the torn edges and wow love the copper flowers- so clever xx

Mervi said...

Beautiful card! It's lovely to hear how the process went, the result looks easy and stylish!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

JulieP said...

Wow! Your background sounds like a whole lotta work but boy is it ever beautiful!!! Gorgeous embossing too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A gorgeous card Pat, I love your clouds and shading with the beautiful metallic effect flowers. The bee is just perfect too. x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Me again with my DT hat on!
Thanks a bunch for celebrating our first birthday with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
xoxo, Aimeslee DT