Pages

Tuesday 1 November 2016

Multi Heart Anniversary

Hi everybody.  I made this anniversary card for family members a while ago but have only just got round to showing it here.  For this one I have used a couple of dies by Sue Wilson Die from Creative Expressions called Heart of Hearts and Congratulations.   The scalloped edges were cut with the largest square die from a set by Tonic.  The last thing I used was a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder called Divine Swirls, which doesn't seem to be available anywhere at the moment, although the swirls don't show up very well in the photo.


I started by cutting the black layer with the Tonic scalloped square die using a snippet of black card.  I laid it down on the card approximately where I wanted it to be and cut it roughly to shape.  I then placed the heart die, the smaller of the two outside edge dies and cut the heart out of the black card.  I then embossed using the Divine Swirls and ran it through a second time to extend the pattern.

I then cut two hearts using the same die, one from a snippet of red card and one from a snippet of white.  Using the multi heart die I cut out the little hearts from the white heart.  I then layered up the white on top of the red.

To finish I cut the sentiment from another snippet of red card which I backed with the Stick It adhesive.

After layering it all up I cut a few more hearts of various sizes using the leftover adhesive backed red card and placed these randomly as you can see.

Thank you for looking at my blog today.  See you again soon.






I am entering the following challenges:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 253 where we use up our snippets of paper and card etc.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Thinking of You. 
Inkspirational Challenge - Black + One Colour.


16 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love this layout! A very classy card!

Liz said...

Fabulous design, Pat. Red, white and black always look so striking together. I love the heart die cut, it really stands out against the black. xx

jenn shurkus said...

so sweet :) Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

Kath said...

A fabulous card and a great design.
Kath x

Di said...

Really elegant card Pat - and beautifully thought out and executed. From what I read it seems you inlaid the heart - which is such a neat finish I think.

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

Oh Pat this is a really lovely card. The heart is a super die and that embossing folders is still one of my favourites. Really lovely design work. A beautiful card. Barbxx

Inkyfingers said...

What a stylish card Pat and I love black and red colours together!

Unknown said...

A beautiful anniversary card, wishing them many more happy anniversaries too.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card, I love how you added all the little heart die cuts. Sue Wilson dies are FABULOUS. Take care, Shirley xx

Loll said...

Very pretty Pat. Love the angled black panel with the dry embossing ... can definitely see the pattern. Pairs beautifully with the heart of hearts. xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Oooh, I LOVE the drama of this Pat, so unusual! The black, white and red go wonderfully together! Thank you for popping by my blog today, I'm still not back crafting fully yet, my post was scheduled a few months ago (luckily), but I really appreciated your visit! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Janice said...

Stunning card Pat, I love how tou've used the waste from the heart die to decorate your card.
Janice x

Kim M said...

What a lovely card! That heart die is so pretty. Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational!

Maura said...

Very striking, Pat! That heart die cut on the red is so eye-catching! Great color combo! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

Darnell said...

I love this, Pat! It is CASlicious and you were ever so clever dribbling those hearts onto the white space!! Worthy of Di's spotlight, too!! Hugs, Darnell

Florence said...

Beautiful card Pat. Stunning design.
Flo x