Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Hanging Hearts Anniversary

Hi there.  Today I have another anniversary card to show you.  Less is More have a challenge to use stickers, sticky labels or peel offs and as I still have quite a few peel offs which haven't seen the light of day for quite a time, apart from the odd sentiment now and again, I decided to use some here.  Who knows, maybe this is the start of a huge revival. 



I used a NBUS swirl which came with a set of flower stamps from Honey Doo Crafts called  Flowers for Design.   I used the flowers as poinsettias on a wreath for a Christmas card last year but have never used the stem which looks rather like a flourish which is how I used it on this card.   This is with a challenge in mind which is run occasionally by Darnell over at djkardkreations which is a NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) challenge.  This is the seventh challenge that Darnell has run, and as most of us have lots of things which we have bought but just haven't got around to using yet, some from way back and some more recent purchases, this is the ideal opportunity to drag them out and use them.  So thank you Darnell for enabling us.


I started with a snippet of white card 4" square and stamped the flourish using Archival Black Ink which stays wet long enough to heat emboss, which I did with WOW Clear Embossing Powder.   Before going any further I decided to add some colour to this piece of card.  I used three Distress Inks, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves and Shaded Lilac,  swiping the pads randomly over a piece of acrylic and then spritzing with some water and moving the piece of card around in the inks until sufficiently covered.

After searching through my stash I managed to find a heart stamp small enough in an old set from Hunkydory called Celebration.  I found another small snippet of white card and covered it with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink straight from the pad, and used a piece of kitchen towel to take a little of it away and this left a bit of a pattern on it which I thought looked quite nice.  When dry I stamped two of the hearts on the reverse and cut them out.  When dry I added some Clear Wink Of Stella to the hearts to make then sparkle a little.  Unfortunately this doesn't show up terribly well.

I found a line peel off in silver and to match it in with the flourish I used a Black Promarker to colour it, and cut two pieces to hang the hearts from.  I then matted this on to a snippet of black card.

I finished by fixing this to my white square base card and then added a sentiment peel off, again coloured with the Black Promarker.

I hope that there is enough white space on the card for it to be an acceptable entry in the LIM Challenge, but it is quite plain without any extra embellishment, so I am taking a chance and entering it anyway. 

Thank you for looking at my blog today.  See you again soon.      









I am also entering the following challenges:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 244 where we use our snippets of paper and card etc.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - It's Hip To Be Square.













16 comments:

Kath said...

A lovely card Pat - I must dig out my peel-off too!
Kath x

Esther said...

Beautiful colours Pat, and a super classy effect - fab use of a peel off! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at Less is More this week :)

Unknown said...

Great use of the peel off to make this beautiful anniversary card. I remember in the early days of my card making just how popular peel offs used to be, remember Dawn Bibby on QVC promoting them?

Jean said...

A lovely anniversary card Pat, I really like the colours you used.
Jean x

Janice said...

Such a pretty card Pat, it's surprising what we find hidden in our stash!
Janice x

Di said...

Love this card Pat! A lot of thought went into it and it certainly wasn't whipped up in the blink of an eye. I keep forgetting about colouring peel offs - and I've even got a set of special pens here, bought well before I had Pro markers.

Thanks for coming to play in the Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

TaeEun said...

Pretty and sweet anniversary card!!! I think this is CAS enough with beautiful dynamic background! Thank you so much for your lovely words on my blog today, Pat! :)

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a pretty card Pat and I love your gorgeous soft background. Beautifully done!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

I love the way you used the stem of the peel off as a flourish and your background is dreamy. The peel off sentiment is the perfect match. Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Pat, I love the colours in your smooshed background, love how you've hung the hearts on the swirl too, Cathy x

Darnell said...

This is so romantic, Pat! Your smooched colors are fantastic!! I love the whole design of this pretty anniversary card!! Thank you so much for your very kind shoutout and for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

Love that marbled background - and what a pretty flourish this is, to show off the hanging hearts. Clever to color the peel-off line sticker for the heart hanger too. I always forget to think of this. It's a very CAS design, and looks to me like you have plenty of white to qualify. Like the way you've framed this too. TFS & Hugs

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Simply Gorgeous! The background and hearts are fabulous :) Take care xx

Viv said...

Beautiful Pat! Thanks for commenting and continuing to visit whilst I have been doing my Presidential team duties - appreciate that you haven't deserted me! x

lostinpaper said...

Oh so beautiful! Love that gorgeous background!

Liz said...

A lovely design, Pat, and the colours are just beautiful. xx