Pages

Thursday 25 August 2016

My New Look and Thank You Violets

Hi there everybody.  Well as you can see some wonderful things have been happening here!  I have a fabulous new look and it's all down to that lovely and oh so clever lady, Loll Thompson of Stamping with Loll, who has been helping me create this, and I certainly couldn't have done it without her.

Thank you Loll for all your time and expertise.  I am totally thrilled with the results and I can't thank you enough!  I made the card below with Loll in mind.


I used this Violets stamp by Sheena Douglass from her Floral Fantasy range, and in fact I don't think I have used this stamp here on the blog before, so this is by way of being a NBUS (never before used schtuff).  I bought a whole set of her stamps but for some reason this one has never had an outing.

I found a snippet of smooth white card and stamped and embossed the image using Versamark ink and WOW Opaque White Embossing Powder.  I then coloured with inks using a waterbrush.  I used Adirondack inks in Eggplant, Sunshine Yellow, Lettuce and Bottle, and Distress inks in Seedless Preserves, Shaded Lilac, Mowed Lawn and Walnut Stain.

I decided to cut a strip off the side of the stamped topper cutting round one of the flowers and a leaf which is now hidden under the vellum, and used a snippet of dark green down the side which stands out nicely against the white embossing and the white background card.  I found a piece of white vellum to place across the front of the card with the sentiment repeated across it which has been stamped and heat embossed with the White EP, although in the photo the vellum doesn't look that white.   I used a Lawn Fawn set of Stitched Scallop Borders, the smallest one of the three, and die cut it on both edges.  I cut it a little longer than I needed so I could wrap it round the back before adhering it to the card.  I then highlighted each of the scallops with an embossed dot using a fairly large ball tool and a parchment embossing mat, and then added Mowed Lawn Distress ink to the edges.

It's great having this new look now as next month the blog will be three years old and it can be a double celebration,  an anniversary and a fabulous newly designed blog.

Thank you again Loll.

Thanks for dropping by and see you soon.




I would like to enter the following challenges:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 243 where we use our snippets of card and paper etc.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - It's Hip To Be Square.
WOW Embossing Powder August Challenge - Flowers.



19 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE your card Pat. Your violets are so beautifully watercoloured. Great design with the vellum sentiment banner so that the design shows through.

It's been fun working with you. I'm pleased that you are so happy with your new look. Loll xx

Kathyk said...

Love your new look and your cards fabbyliscious too, Pat

Happy Thursday

Kathyk

Stamps and Paper said...

Great new look Pat aimed a beautiful card

Anne

Unknown said...

Your new look blog looks fantastic, fresh and colourful. Your card looks amazing too. Have a wonderful weekend x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great new look for your blog Pat and your card is amazing too! Have a great, upcoming weekend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

TaeEun said...

Wow! The new design of your blog is really beautiful!!! Great work! Your card looks so pretty with so many details! Gorgeous coloring! Love the dark green strip and vellum sentiment, too!

Janice said...

Beautiful card Pat, your violets are so pretty and I love the vellum sentiment.
Love your new look blog!
Janice x

Di said...

Wonderful card Pat - really pretty and the vellum is a fabulous touch! Beautiful colouring too.

I do so love your new look to the blog, really fresh. Loll's a star isn't she!

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

Oooooh, she did you proud, Pat! It's a fresh and uplifting and colorful design! And your sweet violets are a perfect thank you bouquet for her!! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

PS And happy anniversary in advance! Perfect timing!

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty and beautiful card, the prettiest of colours and layout. Gorgeous new blog layout too, so pretty and contemporary and love it! x

scrappymo! said...

Wow! Loll is very talented. Your new look is wonderful
I really like your pretty card. The image is so lovely and beautifully coloured. The sentiment design is great.

Leanne said...

Beautiful card!

Bonnie said...

I love your new blog look, Pat! Loll has a knack for finding just the right styles for us! She's a marvel! And this card is so pretty with the beautifully shaded purple flowers! The white embossing details make the flowers even more elegant!

Gayatri said...

Pretty and dainty flowers. Gorgeous colours. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp It's Hip to be Square Challenge. Gayatri xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous design, I love it ! xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

ps... your new blog header is gorgeous too!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, absolutely love that flower stamp and how you have used it. Your blog is looking fantastic, love your header. That Loll is one brilliant person, isn't she just the best friend you could ask for.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty!