Pages

Saturday 13 August 2016

Musical Hearts Anniversary

Hi all.  Well, guess what, another anniversary.  I have been looking at challenges and trying to get some different ideas as my anniversary mojo is packing up at the moment..lol.  Anyway I found a sketch to start with over at CAS(E) this Sketch No 185 and here it is .....

                                                                                                                                ..... now for the card .....                                                          


I cut the two hearts using a snippet of white card and a Nellie Snellen Multi Frame Heart die, and stamped the musical notes with Eggplant Adirondack Ink.  I used the musical notes from a set of stamps which were a freebie with a Creative Stamping Magazine.   I then blended ink on the hearts with a combination of Shaded Lilac Distress Ink and the Adirondack Eggplant to darken the edges.

I then cut the two layers of stitched scallops using a set of Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Borders dies.  I then cut a strip from another snippet of white card and added two different stitch patterns from a MFT set of Basic Stitched Lines dies and coloured the strip with the same inks as for the hearts.  I then layered them up.  At the moment these are quite hard to find in the UK.

I cut two sizes of white squares to layer up on my white square base card and I inked round the edge of the larger one in order to get the a matching colour, and layered them up on to the base card.  I then added the hearts using Pinflair glue gel, and then added the scallop layer.

I finished with the Sue Wilson Congratulations die which I have had laying on my table waiting for the right opportunity to present itself, and this was it.

See you soon and hope you have an enjoyable weekend.

Pat  x

I am also entering the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS Challenge - Music.
AAA Cards - Stitching.
Happy Little Stampers August Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.

10 comments:

Liz said...

This is just gorgeous, Pat. I love the design and the colours are beautiful. The Basic Stitch Lines die look really useful dies to have. xx

Michelle said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is just lovely Pat sweet friend! A great interpretation for that sketch too! A lovely colour combo and a stunning CAS design! Have a wonderful Sunday and a great upcoming week! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Mrs A. said...

I love this card. It is so classy looking. The colours are perfect . Hugs Mrs A.

Jennifer Johnston said...

A lovely card Pat. I like the fresh simplicity of this card and the blue is such a pretty blue. Love the way you have layered the scallops too. Thanks for visiting my blog, much appreciated.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty take on the sketch!

Cat Craig said...

What a lovely way to showcase both challenges.

Bonnie said...

I love these musical hearts, Pat! And the borders you've used make a wonderful layout!

Helen Gullett said...

What a sweet card. Thank You for playing along with Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes With Dies August Challenge.

- Helen Gullett -
DT Member

The Sparkly Fairy said...

A lovely card - love the musical hearts! Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with a Die.

Emma - DT Member